Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

Surfabilly: Atomic Wipeout - The Game!

Update (November 06, 2013): The link for the game is currently down due to server issues. I will update once there is a resolution.

So over the past year I've been working on a little game concept with some talented folks (including the awesome band Luau Or Die). I thought today might be a good day to share our humble little prototype with everyone. It was a lot of fun to be more involved in a game's design and story rather than just the art (although the art was fun too). Check it out.
 The basic idea is to click and hold to "Surf Up!" to catch a wave (while avoiding the toxic waste)
If you catch a wave you'll have an opportunity to shoot Mutant Tri-Gulls with your laser eye. If you miss a wave you'll "wipeout" and will have to swim back to your board.
Make it to shore with the highest score and challenge your friends to beat it.
You can play it at www.artbygavin.com/Surfabilly (Facebook Update to follow)


Since getting the game to it's current stage our little team has had to go onto other ventures, understandable but unfortunate. Perhaps one day I'll be able to revisit this project but until then I think I'll just play a round.

Let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy it.
Cheers
-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment