Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

New Work: Gravity Poster

Hello Everyone

Things have been busy lately but luckily today I had some time to play around. While chatting on Twitter I was reminded how excited I am to see Gravity, a movie that I am convinced will give me nightmares. Not only is it a beautifully simple premis, I am also a fan of the director (if you've seen Children of Men you'll understand why, i is a fantastic film). The glove was hard to research, I had to find a still from the movie as they are not the regular NASA ones I had reference for (also officially confirming me as a space nerd). Oh, and happy 17th Birthday Hubble.

Anyway, I wanted to do a quick poster design and here it is.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers
-Gavin

2 comments: