Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

Album Design for Tomorrow Stops Officially Released.

Last winter I got to work on this really fun project. It started when a musician by the name of Nate Johnson emailed me about wanting to license a sketch he saw on one of my old blog posts. I offered to redraw the rough sketch and design the album jacket and he accepted my offer. Nate supplied me with tracks to listen to while I did my thing and I instantly found myself hooked, thrusting my brain to place it needed to be for the drawing. The project finished up nicely and it had been some time since hearing from him until earlier this week when I received a friendly email letting me know that he had officially launched the album.

And here it is
http://tomorrowstops.bandcamp.com/

If you enjoy instrumental music and have a soft side for Sci-fi with a hints of both solitude and funk, I highly suggest you check it out.
Cheers
-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment