Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

Really?!?... REALLY!

Hey Gang

So I have been having some trouble hunting down my income tax return over the last couple months. I found out today that some jerk-faced cheat stole it and cashed it on my behalf. I am surprised that in a world that requires me to have computer chip verification for a burger and fries still harbors such actions as walking into a Money Mart with some other person's government issued check and walking out WITH THEIR BLOODY MONEY!

So I drew a picture to make me feel better. This is the type of person I currently imagine is enjoying my money. Halfway through it I started to feel sympathy for the poor bastard, maybe he was once a proud man who has lost his way. Perhaps he was once wealthy and is ashamed of what he must now resort to just to buy food. A tragic story of loss and the sacrifice of ethics and morals in exchange for ones own survival...or maybe he's just some asshole with my money.
-Gavin

2 comments:

  1. Yes!
    Or maybe he does wear purple!
    The big ol' goat face!
    Nice drawing of the baddie.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete