Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

Mergers and Greetings - Animating for a Corporate Law Firm.

Last year a good friend and colleague Benjamin Rivers, who was busy with his new game Alone With You, referred me to a client he had worked with for years. I was both flattered and terrified that I was to be vouched for in such a long standing relationship, especially considering the client was a very reputable corporate law firm. I am happy to say that one project turned into two and both jobs went very well.


The first project was an animated seasonal greeting for Torys LLP. The final animation needed to find a sensitive way of portraying the charity they had contributed to for that year while also being somewhat fun and uplifting. I learned that doing a panning shot in Flash is tricky but possible and I am very pleased with the end result.



The second project was slightly less whimsical in it's purpose and presentation as it was a series of animated info-graphics that helped illustrated market predictions in Torys' Mergers and Acquisitions report for 2015. This project presented some other interesting design tricks to work out for the "suspended die cut" style I wanted to use. Overall I am very happy with this one as well.



The teams on both projects were a pleasure to work with and I would happily work with them again. I also had the added benefit of challenging myself to try some new approaches in both animations and learning a great deal in the process.

Let me know what you think
Cheers
-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment