Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

New Work - Prometheus Prizes (Mild Spoilers)

So I saw Prometheus and I have to say I really enjoyed it as a work of science fiction. As a film it did have a good deal of plot holes and unanswered questions (the missing bits most likely lying on an editing room floor) so as a movie it was flawed, but it did get my imagination going to some cool places and that's what I look for most in science fiction and fantasy.

It was also a stunning feat of special effects and composition and is worth seeing for the visuals alone... and one scene in particular that will soon be added to the list of "holy crap that just happened" moments in film history. During said scene I could not help but remember a particularly frustrating game invoking a claw.

Sorry for the nightmares.
Cheers
-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment