Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

New Work - The Bully

Recently it was suggested that I do a piece about bullying and the power of words. I mulled over a couple different ideas but decided on this one.
When I was a kid I was heavy into Tae Kwon Do, so physical bullying was not much of a problem. However that in no way made me immune to verbal bullying, something I was struck with quite frequently. Verbal bullying is a difficult thing and there is little to defend against it, you hear it and it cuts deep before you have a chance to ignore it. Eventually you realize words are just words and a person's opinion of you is only worth as much as the merits of the person making it. I'm not sure how many kids/teens read my blog but if they do listen here's some advice, the opinions and words of a bully is like a fart in the wind, let it pass you by.

Cheers
-Gavin

2 comments: