Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

Juvenile Riot

Good Morning

So the rioting in London has given us some shocking news and imagery but one item seemed to grab my attention. I was reading an article about one altercation involving an 11 year old boy. Normally a child of that age would be a victim, a collateral casualty of the violence and crime. However this was not the case, the young boy was an active participant in the looting. Although the boy was only involved in the theft of a waste bin (odd enough thing to take) it was still shocking to see an 11 year old kid get swept up in the chaos. I felt like illustrating my take on this juxtaposition character and environment, let me know what you think of it.

Cheers
-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment