Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

New Work - Surfer Girl

The move to our new apartment is complete (aside from some pictures that need hanging). We managed to get settled in fairly quickly but at the cost of some drawing time, so my apologies for the lack of posts while I unpacked the studio space. Speaking of my studio space, I got a new computer desk and it is an awesome upgrade to my previous one. Maybe later this month I'll post some shots of my new digs (once they are fully decorated).

Now for some new work. Recently I have been enjoying the work of Chris Sanders, especially some of his storyboard drawings from The Croods. You might recognize his work from from such films as Lilo and Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon (among many others). I really dig his style and felt inspired to draw a bodacious surfer girl of my own (he has a certain way of drawing women that I find appealing). Anyway, here is my "Sanders inspired" surfer girl.

Hope you enjoy
Cheers
-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment