Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

Illustration Friday - "Imagination"

I was an only child and my brother was my imagination.

I would spend hours playing with my action figures, monster toys and various block sets to construct great, epic clashes that would leave the living room cluttered with debris. To an outside viewer (such as my parents) I was just posing plastic figures and making silly noises but to me... I was a director of a film, a conductor of awesomeness, a deity of my own reality. That is what inspired this drawing, I call it "Epic Playtime" (colour version coming soon). And yes, I make sound effects while drawing.
What are your childhood adventures with your imagination?
Cheers
-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment