Gavin McCarthy is a freelance illustrator and graphic artist. This blog is a collection for various sketches, experiments and new work. Comments are always welcome and encouraged. All blog content © Gavin McCarthy

View my portfolio at www.artbygavin.com

Illustration Friday Submission - "Expired"

Hey Guys

I decided to partake in this weeks Illustration Friday theme of "Expired". First, please enjoy the final. Many of you have probably experienced this horror once in your life.
Now for some process sketches for those who are interested. I started off with a different kind of approach but just wasn't feel'n it.Then I moved onto a more environment based composition and made some adjustments in Photoshop. Then I did an ink, scanned it and started to colour it.

Rough 1
Rough 2
Final
I wanted to try some new stuff (since that's what Illustration Friday is for) and I'm happy with the results.

Let me know what you think of the final
Cheers
-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment